A couple of weeks after his death, Steve Jobs continues to be a huge topic. On Wednesday, Apple celebrated the life of Steve Jobs at the Apple campus in Cupertino. Apple has posted a video recording of the celebration on the Apple.com web site.
The biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson was released on October 24th.
- Sixty Minutes devoted an entire show to the Steve Jobs Biography
- Reviews: New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, The Telegraph, Associated Press, George Stephanopoulos / ABC News
- An unabridged version of the biography is available on Audible
- Apple Television? (MG Siegler / TechCrunch)
- Text books? (NY Time Bits blog)
- iPhone 5? (CNET News)
- All of the above?
Other tech news this week:
- Apple sold over 4 million phones last weekend
- Apple reported their 4th quarter earnings. For the first time in a long time, they fell short of analysts’ estimates because they didn’t release a new iPhone in June. But Apple predicts a blow-out 4th quarter and MG Siegler says you’re an idiot if you were one of the many people who sold Apple stock.
- Google announced Android 4.0 a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich
- Google announced that a Google Music Store is coming soon (All Things D)
- The AsiaD conference was held in Hong Kong. Videos: Jerry Yang talks about what’s next for Yahoo, Bradley Horowitz talks about Google+
- The Web 2.0 Summit was held in San Francisco. Videos: Sean Parker, Sergey Brin (Google), Marc Benioff (Salesforce), Kevin Rose (Milk), Dennis Crowley (FourSquare). More videos here.
- GroupOn sets Nov. 4th IPO Date (WSJ)
- Instapaper 4.0 (iTunes)
- Hipster – send digital postcards from your phone (iTunes)
- 500 px for iPad – photo sharing (iTunes)
- Peter Gabriel – New Blood
- M83 – Hurry Up We’re Dreaming (Spotify)
- Pallers – The Sea of Memories (Spotify)
- Radical Face – The Family Tree: The Roots (Spotify)
- Real Estate – Days (Spotify)
- Coldplay releases Mylo Xyloto on October 24th (Amazon)