Entries Tagged as 'San Francisco'
June 14th, 2009 · 1 Comment
March 10th, 2009 · No Comments
If you know of San Francisco businesses or other SF-related Twitter accts, lemme know. Preparing slides for @gavinnewsom‘s visit tomorrow.
Of course, the responses came flooding in.
Here’s a round-up of the responses. This includes both Twitter accounts related to San Francisco and companies based in San Francisco.
- @21stAmendment – Craft Beer Brewery Restaurant delving into the world of canned craft beer
- @7x7Magazine – 7×7 is San Francisco’s premier resource for Food, Fashion, Culture, Music, Nightlife, Parties and more. Go to 7×7.com to get to know San Francisco
- @7x7Radar – 7×7 Magazine’s Radar on SF Culture, Art, Entertainment and Events
- @ABC7NewsBayArea – News and notes directly from the ABC7 newsroom in San Francisco
- @AgentNano – Breaking News, Traffic, Transit and Weather alerts for the San Francisco Bay Area/All the news that’s fit to Tweet
- @AsianArtMuseum – We’re the largest museum in the western world devoted exclusively to Asian art
- @BayAreaBites – Bay Area Bites is KQED Public Media’s food blog
- @Booksmith – San Francisco’s leading independent bookstore
- @Caltrain – Caltrain service delays provided by riders. See URL for instructions to update
- @ChronicleBooks – An independent publisher of distinctive books and gifts
- @Coco_luxe – Coco-luxe Confections: luxurious truffles, salted caramels & sweets – To Share, or Not!
- @CSNBayArea – CSN Bay Area and CSN California. Home of the Giants, A’s, Warriors, Sharks, Kings, Cal and Stanford
- @Current – Tweets from within the walls of Current.com HQ
- @Emergency_In_SF – Follow some of the larger emergencies in San Francisco as they happen
- @Exploratorium – For the curious ones, the Exploratorium is a museum of science, art, and human perception
- @FrogDesign – Global innovation firm that helps create and bring to market meaningful products, services, and experiences
- @GetSatisfaction – The support network for people to get the most from the products they use.
- @GhiradelliSQ – More than just the best chocolate! Wine tasting, great food and fun shopping
- @GoldenGatePark – Up-To-Date Events & News on Golden Gate Park
- @JDVHotels – Joie de Vivre is California’s largest boutique hotel collection, with over 30 hotels, restaurants and spas throughout the state
- @JugShop – Specialists in Australia, NZ & Italian wines, specialty spirits, craft beer
- @KCBSNews – All News All the Time
- @KGORadio – The Bay Area’s most listened to radio station for over 30 years
- @kqed_arts – KQED Arts is a daily blog covering the San Francisco Bay Area
- @Live105 – LIVE 105.3 KITS San Francisco
- @MagnoliaPub – Haight and Masonic
- @missionpie – A corner café, bakery, and neighborhood gathering place in the Mission that brings the flavors of local farms into the city and tells their stories.
- @MuniDiaries - a place to share and read rider tales
- @SanFranSymphony – San Francisco Symphony & Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas sets the highest standard of excellence in orchestral performance in over 250 concerts a year
- @SFRestaurants – Where do want to eat Tonight? Ask Dave….
- @sf_49ers – Official Twitter of the San Francisco 49ers
- @sf_giants – Official Twitter of the San Francisco Giants
- @SF_Weekly – The latest from SFWeekly.com as told by web editor Janine Kahn
- @SFStateCreativeArts – Media, Performing, Visual Arts at San Francisco State University
- @sfbc – Promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation
- @sfearthquakes – The SF Bay Area sometimes shakes. I tell you about it
- @SFist – Everything else you to know about SF & the Bay Area, news, arts, entertainment, politics, gossip, more
- @sfstation - SF Station is San Francisco Bay Area’s definitive online city guide to Arts & Culture, Entertainment, Food, Shopping, and Urban Living
- @sfzoo - The mission of the San Francisco Zoo is to connect people with wildlife, inspire caring for nature and advance conservation action (my pick)
- @spotus – We support journalists in the Bay Area through community funded reporting
- @TCHOchocolate – TCHO makes obsessively good dark chocolate from pod to palate in our San Francisco factory
- @Technorati – Who’s saying what. Right now.
- @TripIt – TripIt is a personal travel assistant that automatically organizes all your travel plans
- @Xobni – Xobni is a toolbar for Outlook
- @WoodenBoat – Historic wooden boatyard & nonprofit maritime museum on San Francisco Bay. Rod Bauer, Webmaster (schooner, sailboat, rowboat, woodworking, sailing)
- @Zeum - Zeum is San Francisco’s hands-on, multimedia arts and tech museum for kids.
And a few people posted links to existing lists of SF-based Twitter accounts:
And here’s Ev’s reaction to the response…
Know of other good San Francisco based Twitter accounts? Feel free to leave a comment.
January 4th, 2008 · No Comments
Tags: San Francisco
October 31st, 2007 · No Comments
This story infuriates me. Back in May, officials at San Quentin released a “high control” inmate two days early in the wrong area (San Rafael instead of Southern California) and without any meeting with his parole officer. He took a bus to San Francisco and ended up a few blocks from where I live, where he proceeded to brutally stab a 15-year-old girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He also severely injured one of three good Samaritans who came to her aid. Luckily, the three men were able to apprehend the attacker and he was arrested. The girl surely would have died if these men hadn’t gotten involved. Today, the California inspector general issued a report saying that the officials at San Quentin failed to follow several policies, resulting in this tragic event. Whenever I hear about this story I can’t stop thinking about how easily that could have been me or my wife getting in this guy’s path and suffering the brutal attack. I am also grateful that I have neighbors who put their own lives at risk to help someone who they don’t even know.
KTVU has video of the Police Commission recognizing the three heroes who helped the girl and an update on the girl’s recovery. According to this article that appeared in the Chronicle last month, the family of the 15-year-old is considering a lawsuit against the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
The family is now suing the state of California.
September 26th, 2007 · No Comments
October 21st, 2006 · No Comments
We had amazing summer-like weather in SF today. Here are a couple of shots that I took today at Crissy Field…
October 1st, 2006 · No Comments
The dome at the new Westfield SanFrancisco Centre.
September 17th, 2006 · No Comments
It was a beautiful day in San Francisco. The fog has finally lifted along the coast. Here’s a shot from today at Fort Funston…
August 25th, 2006 · No Comments
First, click here or click on the photo shown below. This will take you to Zooomr. Then place your mouse over the photo to find the portals. They appear as rectangular outlines overlaid on the photo. It will take a few seconds for the portal to appear as an image within an image. Clicking on the portal will give you a more detailed view. Do this again on the next photo. Eventually you will get to close-up detail on several San Francisco landmarks such as Coit Tower, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz.
It appears that Zooomr portals does not work with Internet Explorer. It works best with Firefox.
August 22nd, 2006 · No Comments
Here’s an update with details on the shooter and status of the victims.
Tags: San Francisco